1 Carb Brownies
The above brownie has 1 net carb and 69 calories. It's moist and fudgy and not dry at all. The secret? No flour, just a blender and some black soy beans.
- 1 can black soy beans or regular black beans (preferably unsalted), drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter, melted (or use 3 Tbs oil of choice)
- 6 egg whites or 3/4 cup egg substitute or liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup stevia or Splenda
- 1/4 cup good-quality cocoa powder (I like Hershey's Special Dark or Green & Black)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee or espresso grinds (don't skip this; even if you don't like coffee the taste is very mild but it covers up any "beany" taste)
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: toppings such as 1-2 Tbs cacao nibs (pictured), 1/4 cup 85%+ dark chocolate cut into chunks, 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, etc
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 pan or spray with Baker's Joy
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides and stir the batter several times.
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle with any of the optional toppings. Bake 30 minutes or until the center is relatively dry and the brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Cut into 16 squares. Chill overnight in the fridge; after a day or so the chocolate flavor intensifies and the brownies taste less "beany".
Brownie recipe adapted from stuffimakemyhusband.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/