Alex's Mega Brownies
Ten-year-old Alex from London shares this recipe for easy, really rich brownies
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 20cm square brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk, then add the eggs one by one.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, and add the milk.
- Mix everything together, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the tin and level the top.
- Bake for 30 mins, or until the top is set, then cool completely.
- To make the topping, melt the milk chocolate, cool a little, then mix it with the soft cheese.
- Spread over the cooled brownies and cut into small squares – these are very rich.
Brownie recipe adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/