Brownie Mud Hen Bars
It’s brownies topped with chocolate chips, pecans, and a brown sugar meringue. The brownies cook but stay ooey-gooey in the center.
- 1 pouch (10.25 ounce size) brownie mix for an 8x8 inch pan, plus ingredients called for on the pouch (or you can use your favorite recipe)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix brownies according to package directions. Spread in pan. Top with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in the brown sugar and spread evenly over the brownie layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. If the top starts to brown too quickly, cover it with a layer of parchment paper. Let cool completely before cutting. (Chill in the refrigerator for quicker cooling.) Peel away the foil carefully before cutting. **Be sure to spray your knife with cooking spray before cutting. After each cut wipe away excess and spray the knife again.**
Brownie recipe adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/