These brownies should be called “lava cake brownies.” They're the perfect hybrid between a crispy, crumbly exterior and a gooey, chewy interior. I am not kidding when I say that these are, hands-down, the best brownies I have ever had. And you can make them, too. You can just start with cocoa powder instead of cacao pods! Recipe below:
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp boiling water
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs + 2 yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Salt (to taste)
Cacao nibs (optional)
Chocolate chips (optional)
1. Combine cocoa powder, coffee, and boiling water and blend.
2. Chop the chocolate and add to the bowl, whisking again until smooth.
3. Add melted butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla and blend again.
4. Now add sugar and whisk once again.
5. Add flour, salt, and any additional ingredients (nuts, chocolate chips, etc). Whisk one last time.
6. Pour batter into a greased pan lined with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit (176 C), but start checking for doneness after 30 min.
8. Cool, cut, and enjoy!
#brownies #brownie #cacao #chocolate #lavacake #foodporn #recipe #cooking #yummy #cook #cooking #foodie #food #chef
Comment on BROWNIES FROM A CACAO POD?