Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies
As you’d expect, these are incredibly sweet, but if you’re a fan of creme eggs that probably won’t worry you.
for the chocolate topping
- 100g milk chocolate
- 50g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Grease and line a 20cmx20cm tin.
- In a heavy based pan, melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Stir constantly and watch the chocolate carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn. Take the chocolate off the heat. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then the sugar.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold it into the mixture until just combined. Pour into a lined tin lined with grease-proof paper (make sure paper rises up a little higher than the sides to give you space for the toppings). Stud the mixture with the mini creme-eggs, pushing them right down into the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. I like my brownies still a little gooey so I take them out juts before the look completely cooked. Let the brownies cool completely.
- To make the cream, beat the golden syrup, butter and vanilla together until smooth and well combined. Slowly add in the icing sugar and beat until creamy. You might need to add a little water to help it mix. Spread over the top of the brownies and chill in the fridge for about two hours.
- Finally, melt the butter and chocolate together in a heavy based pan. Pour over the top of the brownies and leave to set.
Brownie recipe adapted from scarletscorchdroppers.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/