Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
A rich, dark chocolate brownie which is ideal for a tea party or even as a dessert if served with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
Makes 4 pieces
1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sour curds (khatta dahi)
1/4 tsp soda bi-carb
1/4 cup melted butter
5 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts (akhrot)
1 tbsp butter for greasing
1. Sift together the flour and cocoa powder using a sieve. Keep aside.
2. Combine the curds and soda-bi-carb in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
3. Combine the melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla essence and ½ cup of hot water in another bowl and whisk well.
4. Add the curds-soda mixture and mix well.
5. Add the flour mixture and walnuts and mix gently to make a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
6. Grease a 150 mm. (6″) diameter shallow microwave safe dish using butter. Line it with a piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the dish and again grease it using a little butter.
7. Pour the batter into the greased and lined microwave safe dish, spread it evenly using a spoon and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
8. Cool slightly and unmould by turning upside down on a plate. Remove and discard the grease proof paper and serve hot.