This is my recipe of my gluten free/FODMAP friendly chocolate brownie & cookie swirl!
6 tablespoons of butter, cubed and room temperature
1/3 cup corn starch/flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 large eggs
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Pinch of cinnamon
M E T H O D :
1. Preheat oven to 180c (160c if your oven is fan-forced). Make the cookie batter first. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on a low-medium speed.
2. Add the egg and vanilla, continue mixing.
3. Add in the gluten free flour in 3 batches, incorporating with the electric mixer in between. When the flour is combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Keep in the bowl and refrigerate until the brownie mixture is complete.
5. Begin the brownie mixture. Whisk together the corn starch/flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt.
6. Get a microwaveable bowl and add the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds on high, and stir the mixture until the chocolate chips have melted.
7. Place the melted chocolate in a large mixing bowl and add the sugar and vanilla. Stir to combine. Add in one egg at a time, stirring inbetween to combine. Add the corn starch/flour mixture until smooth.
8. Grease a square baking dish with coconut oil or canola oil spray and line with baking paper. Place the cookie dough from the freezer into the tray and squish it down with your hands to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes (do not allow it to become golden brown).
9. Take out the cookie dough from the oven. Pour the brownie mixture onto the cookie dough (at this stage, the two mixtures will sink into each other, this is a good thing as it allows you to create a marbled effect!) Using a chopstick or a skewer, create a marble or swirl pattern with the two mixtures.
10. Bake until golden brown (between 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven so keep an eye on it).
11. Let it cool so its easier to cut. (When you cut the brownie, it will crumble in some places, but that is supposed to happen so don’t worry :D).
Feel free to tag me on instagram if you make these (@fodmapfiend) or use the hashtag #fodmapfiend.