We're sharing our delectable #CadburyBournville Dark and Salty Chocolate Brownies with you – check the full recipe below:
SALTED caramel brownies
MAKES 1 TRAY
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: + 35 minutes
For the salted caramel:
– 1 tin caramel
– 75g butter
– 75g treacle sugar
– 1 tsp salt
For the brownies:
– 200g butter
– 150g cadbury Bournville Classic Dark Chocolate
– 600g brown sugar
– 6 eggs
– 200g flour
– 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
To make the salted caramel:
1. In a pot melt the tinned caramel, butter and sugar together.
2. Stir well and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the salt, mix well and set aside to cool.
To make the brownie:
1. Preheat the oven to 170 ° c.
2. Grease a 20 x 30cm brownie tray and line with baking paper.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and Cadbury Bournville Classic Dark Chocolate until smooth.
4. Take the pot off the heat.
5. Add the sugar and mix well.
6. Then add the eggs one at a time whisking well in between each addition.
7. Slowly add in the flour and cocoa powder and fold in making sure the mixture is incorporated well.
8. Pour ½ of the mixture into the prepared brownie tin.
9. Bake for 15 minutes then take out and place on a heatproof surface.
10. Make sure to close the oven to retain the heat.
11. Quickly pour the caramel mixture over the half-cooked brownie and smooth out evenly.
12. Pour the remaining brownie mixture over the caramel making sure to cover the caramel.
13. Bake for a further 20 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool completely.
15. Cut the brownies into squares and enjoy.
4 Comments for Chocolate brownies recipe