Chocolate Caramel Brownies
"My aunt gave me this recipe. It is a little trouble, but they will be the best brownies you'll ever eat."
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Peel caramels and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Place 1/2 of the batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place the remaining batter into the fridge. Remove brownies from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Drizzle caramel sauce over chocolate chips. Remove brownie mix from refrigerator. Using a teaspoon, make small balls with the batter and smash flat. Very carefully, place on top of the caramel sauce until the top is completely covered.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/