Chocolate Caramel Brownies
A box of cake mix gets you started on this tempting chocolate dessert. Mix up some Chocolate Caramel Brownies and enjoy the sinful sensation created by the gooey chocolate-covered caramels. Mmm!
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box German or other chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (7-ounce) packages chocolate-covered caramels (see Option)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and the pecans, stirring with a spoon until a dough forms. Press half the dough into baking dish and bake 6 minutes, reserving remaining dough.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt caramels with remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over warm dough. Spread melted caramel mixture over chips then crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- If you prefer, you can use plain caramels rather than chocolate-covered ones.
Brownie recipe adapted from mrfood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/