Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
I made Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. OMG these were amazing.
For the Frosting
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Ovaltine (chocolate malt flavor)
- Line an 8inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a double boiler, melt butter with unsweetened chocolate squares. Pour into a mixing bowl and whisk in both sugars and ovaltine. Slowly whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and cool before frosting.
- To prepare frosting, cream together butter, cocoa powder and salt. DO NOT LICK THE BEATER. Even though it looks good, trust me it's not. I may have learned this from experimenting.
- Cream mixture for about 3 minutes on medium speed, scrape down sides of bowl. Beat in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together ovaltine and heavy cream. Add in a steady stream to the frosting bowl. Beak until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if necessary.
- Frost cooled brownies, cut and enjoy!
Brownie recipe adapted from shugarysweets.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/