Chocolate Mousse Brownies
You should make these chocolate mousse brownies ASAP! You will definitely enjoy them as much as we did.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Grated chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with few moist crumbs.
- Place the pan onto a cooling rack and let cool completely
Chocolate mousse frosting
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whip until mixture holds a stiff peak.
- Remove the cooled brownies from the pan by holding onto the sides of the foil.
- Spread the chocolate mousse frosting over the entire cake; cut into squares, garnish with grated chocolate, and serve.
Brownie recipe adapted from diethood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/