1 cup refined flour (maida) + for dusting
100 grams chopped dark chocolate
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup butter + for greasing
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1¾ cups castor sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1½ teaspoons coffee powder
Salted caramel sauce
¼ cup sugar
Two pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons butter
¾ cup fresh cream
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Grease a square baking tin with some butter and dust with some flour.
2. Mix together chocolate and 1 cup butter in a microwave proof bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and mix till the mixture melts.
3. Cream together eggs, vanilla essence and sugar in a bowl using an electric beater till light and fluffy.
4. Sieve in cocoa powder, coffee powder and 1 cup refined flour. Add melted chocolate-butter mixture and fold well.
5. Pour the batter into the greased tin and level it out. Sprinkle walnuts on top, put the tin into the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
6. To prepare salted caramel sauce, heat castor sugar in a non-stick pan and cook till it caramelizes.
7. Add butter and mix. Add cream, mix and cook for 1 minute. Switch off heat, add sea salt and mix well. Remove from heat and slightly cool.
8. Drizzle salted caramel sauce on top of brownie, cut onto pieces and serve.