Cola in Brownies. Really? It's true.
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cola (from a 12oz can)
- ½ cup buttermilk
For the frosting
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ cup cola
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Oven to 350. Spray bottom only of a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients for the brownies in a bowl and stir until well blended.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 24 – 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: In a medium microwavable bowl, melt the butter on high for 45 to 60 seconds, stirring once. Stir in the cocoa and cola. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Optional: Sprinkle with pecans or chocolate chips if desired..
Brownie recipe adapted from thecuttingedgeofordinary.blogspot.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/