Crispy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies are wonderful decadent treats perfect for any occasion. Fudgy brownies topped with a thick layer of gooey marshmallows and a crispy chocolate peanut butter rice layer have a great texture and flavor that is hard to resist.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 9-16 servings
1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup (56g) butter
1/3 cup (70g) sugar
1 tsp (1g) instant coffee
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
1/4 cup (30g) flour
4.5 oz (130g) marshmallows
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Topping
4 oz (120g) chocolate, semisweet/milk or a mix of the two
1/2 cup (120g) peanut butter, creamy
1 cup (20g) rice cereal
1. Prepare the brownies. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8×8 inch (20 X 20 cm) pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Add instant coffee, stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
3. Incorporate the egg into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and stir well.
5. Once brownies are done, top with the marshmallows.
6. Bake for another 3 minutes or until puffed. If necessary press them down to spread the marshmallows. Cool completely.
7. Prepare the chocolate rice topping. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Stir in the rice cereal then spread on top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.