If you love chocolate, and I mean rich, rich, rich dark chocolate, you will love these!
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 ounces, weight Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 1-1/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar, For Sifting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over low heat, whisking occasionally until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla until just combined.
- One at a time, stir in the eggs.
- Gently stir in the flour until halfway incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter (it will be very thick!) into a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking pan. (Square pan will result in thicker brownies.) Spread to even out the top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then check the brownies with a toothpick. If it is overly gooey/messy, return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes. (Just be careful not to burn the edges.)
- Allow to cool completely (important!), then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into small squares. The brownies are very rich!
- *Note: When warm the brownies will seem overly gooey/soft. As they cool, they will firm up. (Brownies are best several hours after baking, or even the next day!)
Brownie recipe adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/