DIY Brownie Mix
I love that you can mix up the dry ingredients and store them for quick and easy brownie making! Plus, the dry ingredients would make a great gift with a tag attached with the recipe and directions.
Ingredients for the Brownie Mix
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
Ingredients To Make the Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions For the Mix
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder & sugar until fully incorporated. Transfer to a quart sized jar or container and store until ready to use.
Directions To Make the Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x13 baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2 inch overhand on the two long ends.* Spray foil liberally with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the entire container of brownie mix. Add in the melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix together until fully incorporated, mixture may still be lumpy. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes (my oven runs a little cold so it took me 30 to 35 minutes). Just make sure the middle is set and when a toothpick is inserted it comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer pan to cooling rack to cool completely. Once cool, lift brownies out of pan using the foil overhang. Carefully, peel foil off of brownies and transfer to cutting board. Cut into squares and store in airtight container.
Brownie recipe adapted from macaroniandcheesecake.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/