Forty Minute Naptime Brownies
I don't know about you, but when I decide I want a brownie, I want it exactly then. These brownies will not make you wait.
- 3 ounces (85 grams) unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 stick (4 ounces or 115 grams) unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
- 1 1/3 cups (265 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt (about 2 grams)
- 2/3 cup (85 grams) all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment, extending it up two sides, or foil. Butter the parchment or foil or spray it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium heatproof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until only a couple unmelted bits remain. Off the heat, stir until smooth and fully melted. You can also do this in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt. Stir in flour with a spoon or flexible spatula and scrape batter into prepared pan, spread until even. bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free.
- Let cool and cut into desired size. If you're like me, you will prefer these and all brownies, cold or even frozen. But I bet you're normal and will just eat them hot from the pan. If desired, dust the brownies with powdered sugar before serving.
- Makes 1 8×8 pan of brownies which you can cut into 16 2-inch squares (shown above), 25 smaller squares, or 32 2×1-inch bites, which is what I usually do.
Brownie recipe adapted from smittenkitchen.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/