Brownies with frosting ... double chocolatey yummy
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 fluid ounces boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (use dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 8 ounces sweet dark chocolate or 8 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons hot espresso or 2 tablespoons very strong coffee
- *Optional: Sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Line a 13 x 9 cake pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract. Add eggs, melted butter and hot water and mix until smooth.Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking make the frosting. Mix butter, chopped chocolate, syrup and coffee and heat in a double boiler until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Cool cake and then frost and put sugar sprinkles.
Brownie recipe adapted from grandmotherskitchen.org
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/