Incredibly simple to make and the final look of the dessert will leave your guests in total awe! I mean, that's what you want right!? 😉
Here's the recipe. You're welcome 😉
We need 5 things for this Trifle.
Chocolate Pecan Brownie
Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted Caramel mousse
1) Chocolate Pecan Brownie
2) Salted Caramel Sauce
1 cup caster sugar
6 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy cream
– Add the sugar and water in a heavy bottom pan on low heat. It will take 8-10 minutes for the sugar to start caramelising.
(Remember when you're making caramel, never to touch it because it is as hot as lava.)
(If you have any sugar crystals forming at the edges of the pan, use a pastry brush with water and dissolve them.)
– Once you see the colour changing, do not take your eyes off the pan because it will take only moments for the caramel to burn.
– Once the caramel reaches a dark amber brown, take it off the heat.
– mix the vanilla in the cream and pour into the caramel in a steady flow and stir continuously. Be careful as it will start to bubble vigorously.
– Once the bubbling stops, add in the sea salt.
– Set aside to cool. It will thicken as it cools.
– This recipe makes more than a cup. Use 1 cup for the salted caramel mousse and keep some aside for the layers.
3) Caramel mousse
450 g cream cheese
1 cup salted caramel
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups whipped cream
– In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese at medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes until smooth and there are no lumps.
– Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and fold gently.
– Place in fridge until needed.
4) Chocolate sauce
230g Dark Choc (70%)
1 cup cream
– Heat the cream in the pan on the stove just until it starts to bubble and pour over the chocolate.
– Wait for 30 seconds and stir until well combined.
– If any chocolate hasn't melted, put in the microwave with 10 second intervals, stirring between each interval until everything is fully combined.
5) Whipped cream
3 cups heavy cream
– With a hand whisk or electric whisk, whip the heavy cream until you have soft peaks.
– Separate into two bowls and use 1.5 cups for the Salted Caramel Mousse and the other 1.5 cups for the Trifle layers
– Brownie – Salted Caramel Sauce – Salted caramel Mousse – Chocolate Sauce – Pecans – Whipped Cream.
– Top with extra salted caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and swirl around.
– Add some extra pecans and its ready to be served.
Stand Mixer – Kitchen Aid
Heavy Bottom Pan – Le Creuset
Spatula – Anthropologie
Small colourful bowls – Anthropologie
Camera – Canon 5d Mark IV
Lens – 35mm f1.4
Lens – 50mm f1.2
Tripod – Manfrotto
Gimbal – Ronin S
Lights – Nanlite 300
10 Comments for Guess who is a Chocolate Brownie and Salted Caramel Trifle | Aashritha Daggubati || Infinity Platter