These gluten-free No-Bake brownies are not only healthy but are fudgy, gooey, chocolaty, nutty, hardly not to fall in love with them from the first bite. Depending on the ingredients you use you can make them raw-vegan also.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 16 servings
2 1/2 cups (400g) pitted dates
1 1/2 cups (150g) walnuts
1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
2 tbsp (20g) cocoa nibs, optional
1 1/2 tsp (7g) vanilla extract
1 tbsp (15g) coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp (2g) salt
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1/4 cup (80g) honey or agave/maple syrup
2 tbsp (30g) coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp (2.5g) vanilla extract
1. Place the walnuts, dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process until completely combined and the mixture holds together.
2. Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
3.Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press with the back of a wet spoon to create a smooth surface.
4. Prepare the frosting. In a small bowl combine the cocoa with honey (agave/maple syrup), coconut oil and vanilla extract.
5. Spread evenly over the mixture in the pan.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Background music http://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/bitter-sweet_49818