A delicious recipe for homemade Fudge Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8-inch square(or you can use a 9x13 inch) baking pan with parchment paper or foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Lightly grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium microwave-wafe bowl. Microwave for one minute intervals, stirring in between, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth, or you can do in a saucepan on the stovetop. Set the mixture aside until it cools slightly (is warm to the touch not hot). It will look gritty but it will become smooth once the other ingredients are added.
- Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Spread evenly in the lined pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Brownie recipe adapted from thethaikitchen.org
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/