Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies
Homemade brownies with chocolate chips and a dusting of powdered sugar will give box mixes a run for their money.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the cocoa powder and set aside.
- Beat the eggs until light in color. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat again. Add about 1/4 cup of the melted chocolate into the eggs stirring constantly. Now you can add the rest of the melted chocolate and beat again. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder and slowly add to the egg mixture. Do not over beat. Stir in the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into an 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with non stick baking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 24-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into 9 squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Brownie recipe adapted from insidebrucrewlife.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/