Hot Fudge Brownies
After one bite, all you'll be hearing is, "WOW!" These brownies bake up with their own hot fudge sauce. They're like no brownies you've ever tasted...promise!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder, and salt. Add milk, oil and vanilla; mix with a spoon until smooth. Stir in walnuts and pour batter into baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over brown sugar and cocoa.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is cracked and brownies are just firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and place on individual serving plates. Top each with a scoop of ice cream and fudge sauce from bottom of pan. Serve immediately.
Brownie recipe adapted from mrfood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/