No filters, no judgements – Talk about *anything* on the POPxo App! Your new BFF for advice. Ask questions, share polls with other girls only. (Psst…you can also share anonymously!) 😉
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
¾ cup butter
¾ cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup flour
250 gms vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
– Line two rectangle tins with baking paper. Keep aside. Preheat oven to 180 C.
– To melt chocolate and butter (Double boiler method): Heat water in a saucepan over medium heat. Place chocolate in a clean heatproof bowl which would fit on the mouth of the saucepan (make sure there is no drop of water).
– Reduce the heat to low. Place the bowl over the saucepan to melt the chocolate. Add butter and stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter have melted completely. Let it cool.
– Alternatively, you can also melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave until the chocolate has completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning. Let it cool.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar and vanilla essence and beat for 2-3 mins.
– Pour the cooled chocolate mixture and gently mix to combine properly. Lastly, add the flour and mix well.
– Pour the batter equally into the prepared tins and bake for 15 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool.
– Place one layer of the brownie in the cake tin. Spread a thick layer of slightly softened vanilla ice cream (or ice cream of your choice). Place the second layer on top and freeze for 30-60 mins or until set. Slice into pieces.