Your family loves your brownies, but they seem a little too simple to take to a party, right? Here are two great decorating ideas from Betty Crocker Kitchens to add some pizzazz by using creative brownie toppings. baker and author Liv Hansen shows you how to make festive brownies using frosting and sprinkles, AND how to make a brownie “pizza” with summertime fruit toppings.
How to make brownie pizza and decorate brownies
Decorate Festive Brownies
You can decorate brownies with whatever topping you choose. Liv Hansen uses red, white and blue star sprinkles and a frosting drizzle for a Fourth of July party.
1. Bake brownies in a 13 x 9 baking pan.
2. Soften some vanilla frosting for 15 seconds in the microwave.
3. Take a fork and dip it into the softened frosting then drizzle it across the brownies.
4. Decorate the brownies by sprinkling decorative candy stars over the top of the brownies. The stars will stick to the frosting.
Brownies and Berries Fruit Pizza
When decorating a brownie fruit pizza, you can give this delicious dessert a casual look by randomly sprinkling the fruit on top, or for a more elegant look, arrange the fruit in a pattern. Here, Liv Hansen makes a cream cheese frosting and tops the dessert with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and finshes it with an apple jelly glaze.
1. Bake brownies in a large pizza pan.
2. To make the frosting add some sugar and vanilla to the softened cream cheese and mix until well combined.
3. Use an offset spatula to thinly spread the frosting over the cooled brownie in the pizza pan. If you want brownie pizza crust, leave the edges of the brownie pizza bare.
4. Arrange the fruit of your choice over the frosting.
5. To add a little sweetness and shine soften some fruit jelly of your choice in the microwave for about 30 seconds and use a pastry brush to gently brush it over the fruit.
86 Comments for How to make brownie pizza and decorate brownies