I decided to call these brownies “killer” because no other adjective seems to convey their power. Seriously, they are intense.
- 1 package dark chocolate brownie mix
- 2/3 cup pretzels, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate)
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle with pretzels and peanuts and semisweet chocolate chips. Bake 4 to 6 minutes longer, or until chocolate is melted. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate, peanut butter, butter and salt. Cook and stire until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in the cereal and vanilla. Carefully spread over the brownies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Brownie recipe adapted from sweetandsavorytooth.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/