This brownie is made with egg whites, whole wheat flour, and not a lot of butter. Each brownie square comes in under a 100 calories and yet, the dense brownie texture (and flavor) is still there!
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ cups natural cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed *optional
- Preheat oven to 300˚.
- Mix together ingredients and spread into a lightly greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies are set.
Brownie recipe adapted from naturallyella.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/