I did not know low-carb brownies could taste so good.
- 1/2 c butter
- 3, 1 oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c ground almonds
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
- Melt butter and chocolate squares over low heat in a sauce pan while stirring.
- Remove from heat and add all other ingredients. Blend thoroughly and pour into a buttered 8X8 glass or metal square pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, a bit longer if you want more cake-like brownies.
Nutritional information (my personal calculations, including pecans)
- total protein - 44.8
- total carbs - 235
- total fiber - 24.8
- net carbs - 210
per serving (when cut into 9 squares)
- protein - 5
- carbs - 26
- fiber - 2.8
- net carbs - 23.2
- (In the picture, the topping is caramel. I didn't think it was enough to really add any nutritional value, and I only added it for the rest of my family's taste buds anyway. It was not needed.)
Brownie recipe adapted from weightlosssurgery.proboards.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/