Lunch Lady Brownies
A lunch lady made these brownie so perfect that they were entered in local bake sales and fund raisers. They are cake-like with the chewy density of a cookie.
- 1 cup of Butter (I use unsalted)
- 1/2 cup of Cocoa (I used unsweetened)
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Chopped Nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup of softened Butter
- 1/4 cup of Evaporated canned Milk (regular milk is fine)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- Mix all together and frost as desired.
- I melt the Butter in the microwave and put into my mixing bowl, then I add cocoa and mix together until smooth.
- Add flour, and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs, vanilla, and nuts. Mix until combined. Do not over stir!
- Pour into greased, floured 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes @350 F or until done. I would check at it at 20 minutes.
- Frost them while they are warm (not hot).
- This frosting it what makes these brownies so great in my opinion because these brownies are not very sweet on their own. The warm frosting sinks into brownies a little bit which is why you frost them while warm.
Brownie recipe adapted from saltboxhousecreations.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/