These mint brownies are a great idea for St. Patrick's day.
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- dash of salt
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and mix in cocoa. Allow to cool. Add honey, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add nuts. Pour batter into a greased 9-by-13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Prepare mint icing: Soften butter. Add salt, corn syrup, and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Add mint extract and food coloring. Mix. Add milk gradually until the consistency is a little thinner than cake frosting.
- Spread mint icing over brownies. Place brownies in the freezer for a short time to stiffen the icing (very important step I realized since I was impatient). Remove from the freezer and carefully add a layer of chocolate icing. We liked ours stored cold in the refrigerator or you can store them at room temperature.
Brownie recipe adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/