This recipe will please everyone because the edges get chewy and delicious while the center is oh so fudgy. The swirl of Nutella through the batter makes them even better.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan and line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and stir in sugar until dissolved. Dissolving the sugar in the butter is an essential step. You want to pinch the mixture between your fingers and make sure that you can't feel any sugar grains; this step helps to create the soft chewy, fudgy texture of the brownies. If you need to return the mixture to the heat to get the sugar dissolved only place it on the burner over medium heat for 30 seconds at a time and stir again. It is important that the mixture is not too hot when you add the Nutella, so cool it down for 15 minutes or so if you have to before moving on to the next step.
- When the sugar is dissolved, stir in 2/3 cup Nutella until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer on low, mix until smooth.
- Finally fold in flour and sweet chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Take an additional 1/3 cup Nutella and drop it by teaspoonfuls all over the surface of the batter. Using the handle of a wooden spoon swirl the Nutella through the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan before cutting and serving.
Brownie recipe adapted from nlrockrecipes.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/