For those who love mixing orange and chocolate together.
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the two baking chocolates and butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and cocoa and stir well. Add flour and stir carefully.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake about 25 minutes, until a toothpick 2 inches from the outside of the pan comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.
- To make the frosting, beat butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until crumbly. Beat in orange juice, then heavy cream (not together).
- Spread frosting over the top of the cooled brownies.
Brownie recipe adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/