This is a cookies & cream fudge brownie mutant monster, full of chocolate fudgy notes, a hint of unexpected savory salt and a dark chocolate crumble.
- 5½ oz (165g) unsalted butter
- 7 oz (200g) semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 5½ oz (165g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- Preheat your oven to about 350°F (180°C). Line an 8x8x3-inch (20cm) baking pan with baking paper with the paper overlapping the sides (this will make them easier to lift out of the pan after baking.
- Melt your butter in a pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate, stir until smooth and well combined.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl until they triple in volume. Add half the brown sugar around the outer edge of the eggs in the bowl (so you don’t knock the air out of the mix) and whisk until incorporated. Add the remaining sugar again around the edge, and whisk again for a few minutes until the mix is smooth and you can’t feel any sugar crystals in between your fingers. Whisk the melted chocolate into the eggs quickly to incorporate it.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, salt and a third of the broken up Oreos) around the edge of the bowl and fold in until combined, taking care not to knock the air out. Pour the mix into the paper-lined baking pan. Scatter the remaining chunks of Oreo cookies over the top of the mixture, pressing some into the batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the middle is only slightly gooey.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool completely. When cooled, lift the baking paper and brownies out of the pan and set on a cutting board. Cut into 2X2-inch squares (in half and then half again, both ways). Makes 16 Oreo brownies.
Brownie recipe adapted from sugarandsnapshots.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/