Chocolate + peppermint = explosion of happiness
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups dates, soaked and pitted
- 3 T cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Soak the walnuts and dates for about an hour.
- Pit and peel the dates.
- Add to a food processor*, along with the drained walnuts and cacao and sea salt.
- Pulse until a dough is formed. I let mine run a bit too long and so it was more paste-y, but so delicious still.
- In a glass baking dish* lined with parchment paper, press the dough down until an even layer is formed.
- Cover and place in the fridge until the frosting is ready.
for the frosting
- Combine everything in a food processor and process until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour the frosting over the brownie and place back in the fridge to set.
- I left mine in overnight so it could harden completely.
Brownie recipe adapted from realrawkitchen.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/