How to make some delicious Pumpkin, Pecan and Chocolate Brownies, perfect for the holiday season and Thanksgiving. This is a cross between my two favorite sweet treats. #sweetestsecret with Ghirardelli Chocolate – yum!! Full recipe below, and for more chocolate recipes click here to the Ghirardelli site http://www.ghirardelli.com
Chocolate, Pumpkin and Pecan Brownies
(Makes 16 squares)
1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
¾ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup plain flour
¼ cup Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
½ tsp. baking powder
3 large eggs
½ cup white sugar
½ cup soft brown sugar
1 cup pecan halves
¾ cup pumpkin puree
¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
Pinch of salt
For the brownie:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium sized pan, heat the butter and sugar until just hot.
3. Remove from heat then add ½ cup of the chocolate chips and stir until it has all melted.
4. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then beat your eggs into the mixture in the pan one at a time
5. Add the flour and cocoa and beat well together.
6. Stir in the rest of the chocolate chips and ½ of the pecans. Pour the brownie mix into your lined baking tray.
For the Pumpkin Mixture:
1. Beat all the mixture ingredients together well in a bowl using a hand whisk or wooden spoon, then pour over the top of the brownies. Roughly swirl / fold the pumpkin into the brownie mix.
2. Roughly chop the remaining pecans and sprinkle on top.
3. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. It will be ready when a crust has formed on the top.
4. Leave to cool, then transfer to a wire rack, cut into cubes and enjoy.
I’m Caroline Artiss, I trained as a chef, been in the food world for 20 years and I’m a single mom so I am an expert in making quick, easy, tasty and mostly healthy recipes for very busy people.
I’m also a cook book author, recipe and food product developer, I helped open and consulted on my restaurant “The Gorgeous Kitchen” at London Heathrow Terminal 2, with 3 other British female chefs.
If you’re ever flying through make sure you stop in!! ☺
I started filming and editing all my own recipes on YouTube 6 years ago as I love teaching people how to cook and it’s lead to some amazing things happening in my life. My biggest wish is that you find my recipes easy, affordable, and yummy! Enjoy and leave your comments! Nom nom nom…
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE http://goo.gl/ZB5BNA and get emailed when I do a new recipe!
Follow me here for more food pic’s and inspiration! Come say hi 🙂 and tag photos with #carolinesfood or #singlemomguides or both!
GOOGLE PLUS https://plus.google.com/+CarolineMiLiArtiss