They are a layer of red velvet brownies (I could stop here and be satisfied but what’s the fun in that) with an Oreo truffle layer (I know, the inside of Oreo truffles..) topped with chocolate and mini chocolate chips. Yes, Oreo truffle! As in, the filling in addictive Oreo truffles spread out across red velvet brownies. Sinful. Sultry. Perfect.
- 1 Duncan Hines box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Jell-O insant white chocolate pudding (3.3 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Oreos
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 package (1/2lb) chocolate bark (CandiQuick) (or about 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips)
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
- Spray a 9x13 with nonstick cooking spray. I like the baking variety that has flour in it. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (ovens vary so watch closely). Let cool completely before flipping out.
- Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).
- Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Brownie recipe adapted from pizzazzerie.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/