Triple Threat Brownies
These brownies have a cream cheese frosting middle, a sprinkling of peanuts, and a topping of chocolate peanut butter rice krispies. Yum, right?
- 1 box brownie mix OR favorite recipe brownies (9×13 pan size)
For the cream cheese frosting
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
For the chocolate peanut butter rice krispies topping
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
- Mix brownies according to package directions or your favorite recipe. Bake and allow to cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fully mixed. Spread on top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with nuts.
- In a large pan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat. Continue stirring until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted. Stir in cereal, making sure to coat all the cereal in the peanut butter chocolate mixture.
- Spread the cereal mixture on top of the brownies and frosting and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Keep covered and store in the refrigerator.
Brownie recipe adapted from bunsinmyoven.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/