Twix Bites Brownies
The brownies are good – chocolatey and chewy. The frosting is delicious, especially with the addition of the melted caramel.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package TWIX® Bites
Chocolate Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat.
- Remove from heat and with a rubber spatula, mix in sugar, egg, salt, flour and vanilla.
- Fold batter over several times, making sure it is completely mixed, about 1-2 minutes
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare a 12-cup mini muffin tin by spraying it with baking spray.
- Using a teaspoon, put 2 teaspoons of batter into your hand and roll into a ball.
- Place the ball into one of the muffin cups and press down slightly to fill.
- Repeat until all of the cups are filled.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Upon removal from the oven, gently place one TWIX® Bite into the center of each brownie, pushing down so that the brownie comes up around it.
- Allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat process, spraying muffin tray each time before filling with batter.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate extract and salt. Blend well.
- Gradually add 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar, followed by one tablespoon milk.
- After thoroughly mixing, gradually add the second cup of confectioners' sugar followed by the remaining tablespoon of milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- If the consistency of the frosting is too dry, add a touch more milk. If too wet, add a touch more confectioners' sugar.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the 8 caramel and 1 3/4 teaspoons milk. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until caramels are completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle the melted caramel into the frosting, folding with a rubber spatula to blend.
- Do not over mix, you want there to be caramel ribbons throughout.
- Frost as desired.
Brownie recipe adapted from 365daysofbakingandmore.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/