Any recipe using butter or oil can be used to make Weed Brownies. It's all about the cannabutter.
- Any brownie recipe and its ingredients. Replace butter or oil with cannabutter.
- butter (amount depends on recipe)
- weed (amount depends on butter)
- Choose any brownie recipe that uses butter or oil.
- Adjust the amount of weed needed to the amount of butter used in your brownie recipe. The generally accepted ratio is 1 ounce of weed per pound of butter, which is 4 sticks or 2 cups of melted butter.Example: 1 cup butter (2 sticks) would use 1/2 ounce of weed (about 14 grams).
Example: 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) would use 1/4 ounce of weed (about 7 grams).
Example: 1/3 cup butter (2/3 stick) would use 1/6 ounce of weed (about 4.7 grams).
If recipe calls for oil, you can substitute the same amount of butter.
- Heat a few cups of water in a pan until it starts to boil. More water makes easier straining.
- Add butter and let simmer until melted.
- Add weed and let simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. This releases the THC which will attach to the butter over time.
- Use one or two layers of cheesecloth stretched over a container to strain the leftover weed from the liquid.
- Squeeze any remaining butter from the cheesecloth into the container. The plant matter should be left in the cheesecloth and can be discarded.
- Place lid on container and leave in fridge overnight. The cannabutter will slowly rise to the top of the water and solidify. It should have a slightly greenish/brownish tint.
- Carefully drain the waste water from underneath the cannabutter. It will be a brownish color. Rinse the cannabutter. Put into a smaller container if you want it to be thicker.
- You can now melt the cannabutter to make your weed brownies and enjoy.
- *Weed Brownies may be illegal where you live. Check local laws.
- Cannabutter can be used in any recipe that uses butter!
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/