This recipe for Wicked Brownies will bake up a heap of sinfully-sweet rich chocolate brownies for your loved ones!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups walnut pieces
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10-inch square cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and grease the paper.
- Place the eggs, brown sugar, almond extract, and vanilla in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whip until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly beat in the melted butter.
- Stir the flour and cocoa powder over the mixture and fold it in.
- Fold in the walnuts, chocolate chips, and raisins.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the batter rises and sets but is still slightly soft to the touch.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan.
- To cut the brownies, briefly warm the bottom of the pan over low heat and invert the brownies onto a flat tray. Remove the paper and place a cutting board on top of the brownies. Invert them again right side up and use a large sharp knife to cut them into squares or rectangles.
Brownie recipe adapted from lovelesscafe.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/