York Peppermint Brownies
There is a special place in my heart for York peppermint patties; they make a brownie special the way no peppermint extract can.
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups semi-sweet (OR DARK!!!) chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 snack size York Peppermint Patties
- Pre-heat the oven to 325. Butter an 8 X 8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Pour half of your brownie mix into the prepared pan and then line up bite sized York Peppermint Patties.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the brownies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Brownie recipe adapted from sugardishme.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/