You just can’t go too wrong with chocolate malt brownies. Even made from the box they are delicious and chocolatey heaven.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Brownies
- 1/2 C. malt powder (Carnation makes a brand)
- (eggs, oil, and water called for on the back of the box)
Chocolate Malt Frosting
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 1/2 C. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. malt powder
- Malt balls, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare brownies as directed on the back of the box. You can use whatever brand you want, but Betty Crocker is the BEST for brownies. (You can also replace the water called for with milk.)
- Stir in 1/2 C. malt powder and pour into a greased pan. The smaller the pan, the thicker the brownie.
- Cook according to the box directions.
- Let Cool.
- Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla and malt powder until smooth. Add 1 Tbsp. milk if it is too thick.
- Frost cooled brownies and top with crushed malt balls for decoration and texture.
Brownie recipe adapted from yourcupofcake.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/