Chocolate Orange Brownies
I know there are plenty of chocolate-orange lovers out there, so be sure to give this one a try and if you dare, whip up a batch of homemade hot fudge sauce and sample them in a decadent chocolate orange sundae!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt. Melt together butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Add eggs,vanilla and sugars. Stir very well until sugars are dissolved.
Gently fold in dry ingredients. Then fold in
- zest of one large orange, finely grated and chopped
- Pour batter into a 9 inch square baking pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for about a half hour at 350 degrees F or until the surface of the center of the brownies appears dry and firm. Toothpick test will not work for this recipe but it will tell you if the middle is still liquid. Do not over bake these brownies or they will be dry rather than moist and chewy.
- Cut into squares when completely cool.
Brownie recipe adapted from nlrockrecipes.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/