If you love turtles (the chocolates), you'll LOVE these brownies!
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 12 Tbs. unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. + 2 Tbs. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 40 caramels
- 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
- 2 C. pecan halves, toasted
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl over boiling water. Set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and sugars until smooth. Add vanilla and chocolate mixture, beat well. Beat in flour and salt. Pur mixture into a 13x9-inch dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until brownies are done. Set on wire rack to cool.
- Melt caramels and cream; bring to a boil. Stir in pecans until fully covered. Pour over brownies. Put in refrigerator to set (when brownies are firm).
- Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate (heat proof bowl). Wait 5 minutes, whisk until blended. Drizzle over brownies in a zig zag pattern
Brownie recipe adapted from recipe4living.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/