Big Easy Brownies
Everyone will be cheering you when you bake up a batch of our "salute to New Orleans" Big Easy Brownies. Whether for game-watching, movie night, a potluck or bake sale, these awesome brownies will always score you big points!
- 1 (18.3-ounce) package fudge brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir 1/2 cup pecans and the chocolate chips into prepared batter.
- Bake as directed, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, butter, and brown sugar, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cool 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour frosting evenly over brownies. Sprinkle remaining pecans over top. Allow to stand 30 to 45 minutes, or until frosting is set.
Brownie recipe adapted from mrfood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/