Fudge Brownies with Baileys Buttercream
They are boozy, they are beautiful, and they are delicious. And boozy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream
For the Buttercream
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate in a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture; let cool for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your mixer's bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the Baileys Irish Cream.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Prepare the Buttercream
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and blend together with your electric mixer; mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread on top of brownies.
Brownie recipe adapted from diethood.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/