Gluten-Free Whoopie Pie Brownies
Enjoy these classic whoopie pie brownies made using Betty Crocker® Gluten Free brownie mix with marshmallow crème topping – a perfect baked dessert.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free brownie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow creme (from 7- or 13-oz jar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 8- or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray (without flour).
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, 1/4 cup butter and the eggs until well blended (batter will be thick). Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 8-inch pan 28 to 31 minutes, 9-inch pan 26 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla on low speed until combined. Spread over brownies.
- In small resealable freezer plastic bag, place chocolate chips; seal bag. Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds, kneading bag every 15 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cut tiny corner off bag; squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate over brownies. Let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Whoopie pies originated in New England as mound-shaped cakes filled with a marshmallow-cream filling.
- Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Brownie recipe adapted from bettycrocker.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/