Hummingbird Bakery Frosted Brownies
The base is a rich dark chocolate that is thick, sweet and chewy. The chocolate cream cheese frosting is just that - icing on the cake. Smooth, creamy and rich with dark cocoa powder. This combo is a winner!
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 75g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 30g cocoa powder, sifted
- 150g cream cheese , cold and cut into cubes
- PREHEAT oven to 325F
- SPRAY BOTTOM and sides of a 9" x 13" cake pan with cooking spray(one mixed with flour is ideal)
- LINE base with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with cooking spray
- IN BOWL OF STAND MIXER, fitted with paddle attachment, beat eggs and sugar on MED speed for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy
- ON LOW SPEED, add flour and cocoa powder blending until combined
- POUR in melted butter and mix until thoroughly blended
- FOLD in chocolate chips
- POUR batter into prepared pan, smooth top and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is dry to the touch but still slightly jiggly in center
- REMOVE from oven and let cook completely on cooling rack
- IN BOWL OF STAND MIXER, fitted with paddle attachment, beat icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder on MED speed for 3 minutes
- ADD in cream cheese and beat for 5 minutes on HIGH speed
- SPREAD over cooled brownies**.
- **NOTE: I left the brownies in the pan and cut out squares straight from there. To store, just cover with clingwrap and place in refrigerator. These are even better the next day!
Brownie recipe adapted from lemondropsfoodie.blogspot.ca
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/