I'm gonna start off by saying you can use whatever herb you like to infuse these brownies with... I certainly have my favourite. You can make them special or "special" - if you catch my drift - it's really up to you, as always. I am sure that mint, basil or rosemary would all taste great. Hehehe.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (or hemp seeds)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tablespoons Jump Up and Go Go (or cacao powder)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil infused with herbs of your choosing (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon each of almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder
- To make the herb-infused coconut oil: bring a small pot of water to boil; add in 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil, along with however much of your dried herbs you like. Lower the temperature to simmer and let the herbs and coconut oil get to know each other for 2-6 hours, but check frequently to add water as needed (because it will evaporate). Once you want to take it off the heat, let the water evaporate completely, then let the mixture cool. Strain, disgardng the herbs and keeping the liquid coconut oil (which will now be greenish). Now it's ready to use! Let's get funky!
- To make the brownies: pulse the oats and walnuts in your food processor until they become a powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it all sticks together and tastes OUTTA DIS WORLD. Press into a lined baking dish and put in the fridge to set for a few hours. Spread on your glaze and munch munch munch.
Brownie recipe adapted from thisrawsomeveganlife.com
Brownies for Days http://www.browniesfordays.com/